Root canal question

First of all I want to thank you for all the great info I have learned from Thebody.com. I was diagnosed last year, and this website has become my "go to" place for the many questions I have. My question is this. I'm 40 years old and have never had a cavity or any dental work done. I found out yesterday that I need one tooth pulled and a root canal. I am terrified - but more so because I also taking Bactrim, Azythromicin, and Atriple because my CD4 count is still around 100 (slowly climbing). Is it safe to take a pain killer or antibiotics the dentist gives me? Thanks for any info that will put me a little more at ease (the still scared).

Hello and thanks for posting.

No need to worry or to be terrified- antibiotics and pain medications are ok to take with your HIV medications. Indeed, what's most important is taking care of your teeth (and continuing to heal your immune system with the Atripla).

I hope that helps, BY

sharing needles
Stribild and supplements what ones are safe?