HIV and HSV-2 coinfection

hello, thanks in advance for all of your help! I recently tested positive to Herpes Simplex 2, but have no symptoms. I'm not sure whether to ignore the HSV-2 or if I should take a general antiviral for it, and how that would react to Truvata and Isentress if I did. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Seems like your doctor ran a diagnostic test looking for antibody evidence of herpes infection (HSV IgG).

HSV infections are very common, both in the general public and in those living with HIV. If you're asymptomatic, it's unlikely that you need anything done- either clinically or with antiviral treatment.

The best thing that you can do to prevent HSV problems is to improve (or sustain) your immune health (ie., CD4s) with the HIV medications that you're taking. This usually decreases both the frequency and severity of HSV outbreaks. Should you have outbreaks, prompt initiation of herpes medications (meds of the acyclovir family) can decrease the impact of the virus. BTW, these meds don't interact with your HIV medications either.

I hope that helps. BY

aids
Should I take PEP after half unprotected penetration for 5 seconds?