aids

good day, i have a guy with me who is very ill and today we tested him and he tested positive with aids. unfortunatly he is at a very bad stage and i want to know if he will make it or not. he talks all diffrent things is confused and dont talk any sence. can you please assist me by telling me what is the symptoms before death.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear of the travails of your friend- but do know that the first questions from the newly diagnosed (or their friends and family) aren't about death, but what steps should be taken to restore and preserve health. This is entirely possible with a concerted effort between patient and the healthcare team.

Indeed, I care for several individuals who were diagnosed late, with advanced AIDS and complications, but who today (now many years later) are living well.

We have a really excellent Resource Center for the Newly Diagnosed that I hope might put you in the right direction.

Also know that in the worst case scenario, when some might say that there's "nothing else to be done", that there is. Should your friend be in the last stages of life, that caring professionals can offer what's called palliative and/or hospice care. These are strategies and philosophies that aren't about cure and recovery, but rather about care and easing of pain. Though dated, we also have a Resource Center with information about palliative care.

I hope these are helpful and wish your friend strength and health. BY

Saying Hello
HIV and HSV-2 coinfection