Saying Hello

Hello, Dr. Young, I went to one of your sessions at the NMAC conference in Las Vegas. Ever since you "bitch slapped" all of us who use the words "substance abuse," I have been consciously avoiding the term. Thank you for the perspective! I was a little star-struck when we met. I think I still am. I continue to enjoy reading your columns, and I find that I am still surprised that I actually met you. I hope you're well! Thank you for all that you do. Sincerely, Katie Heppard

Hi Katie and great to hear from you.

Thanks for your kind words; it's good to know that the introductory remarks about the non-judgmental choices of words about substance and drug dependency took root.

Stay in touch.

And... thanks for all that you do.

BY

atripla
aids