CD4 has dropped again

I have been using truvada and stocrin for last 6 months (since i knew that i was diagnosed with hiv). My CD4 was 129 in the beginning and after 3 months it has increased to 280. And today i've found out that my CD4 has dropped again, it has decreased to 140. My hiv viral load is 56 currently. So does it mean that my virus makes resistance against my meds? Or is it something could happen? Because i am taking my medicines regularly everyday..

thanks in advance.

Hello and thanks for posting.

First off, with a viral load of 56, I'm generally not concerned about drug resistance. It would be worth noting if you had a drug resistance test done before you started on medications and if you've been adherent to you medications.

CD4 absolute counts do fluctuate a lot from day to day, though yours seems a larger variation than might be expected. On the other hand, if one views the 280 value as an anomaly, then your 129 and 140 CD4s would be consistent. Ask your doctor if your CD4 percentage values are available- if the percent is stable or rising, this would be confirmatory and reassuring.

Either way, I don't think that you need be concerned about resistance.

Hope that helps and be well, BY

repercussions of unprotecte sex
Extra morning dose