Ginger2

Hi dr Young, that was really quick. I cant find anything back in the article about not taking Ginger. Although you mentioned there are little problems. Maybe it is the lack of the knowledge of the English language. So maybe just maybe you can be more specific. I/we would be very very grateful. Thanx and I do hope you once come to the Netherlands for a lecture. We would defenitly be there! Greetings Ron. Ps we use Ginger to support the Liver, me you can recommend other supplements.

Hi again Ron,

Ah Holland! I used to work in Amsterdam, and I'm very fond of the region. I just need a simple excuse to return.

Personally, I think that most supplements are over promoted and fail to demonstrate significant benefit- one of the reasons that the NCCAM website is of value is that it is not funded by the commercial companies that sell the supplements.

I generally have not found compelling evidence to suppor the use of liver-protective or -supportive alternative medicine or supplements and don't recommend them to my patients. Rather, for patients with known liver disease (especially viral hepatitis), the avoidance of alcohol and acetaminophen (Tylenol), vaccination as appropriate to avoid getting other viral hepatitis, and getting regular medical follow up and monitoring. Liz Highleyman wrote this review about liver health some time ago, but it's still of value.

By the way, if your English skills are lacking, consider using Google translate (translate.google.com) to get information into Dutch. It's far from perfect, but often good enough to get the important gist of the information.

Be well, BY

ginger
HIV-1 and HIV-2 life expectancy