transmission to baby
Jan 9, 2013
If I fall pregnant,what are the chances of my baby contracting hiv,I'm not on meds,when does transsmisssion normaly happen,and when exactly should I start meds
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Transmission of HIV from positive mother to child is very rare among positive women who are in medical care, receiving medications and especially when viral loads are undetectable.
The best time to start meds depends on many factors (only one of which is whether your pregnant or planning pregnancy). TheBody.com has an excellent resource center on pregnancy and HIV. I hope that you'll find this of value.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Urine After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Burning And Irritation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.