CD4 count too low
Jan 9, 2013
My 9 year old nephew's CD4 count is 4 with a high viral load. Is it possible for someone with such a low CD4 count to recover to normal levels of HIV positive people? What steps should I take to assist him get his CD4 count to atleast 200? He's on ARVs and TB treatment that is resistant to treatment.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Either way, with appropriate treatment of his TB and ongoing treatment of HIV with ARVs (assuming that he's able to take the medications and that they are adequately potent), I'd be optimistic of his future. We've certainly provided care for people who were once very ill and with very low CD4s who today are healthy.
I hope that helps. Please feel free to write me back anytime. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Vagina A Symptom Of HIV?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.