Should i start theropy now?

Hi, i'm 20 years old and recently diagnosed with hiv+. I'm sure that i got infected in Sep.19 ,while in Dec. my CD4 counts was377/CD8 1232 .Now i'm feeling very well but i know that the hiv is gradually destorying my immune system .I've applied for meds, but i'm not sure if it's necessary for there's not a verdict to the time to start theropy. Since my counts are already below 500, should i start or wait until the next cd4 counts result comes out?

Hi and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about your new diagnosis. There is a verdict about when to start medications- there's really little disagrement that if your counts are about 350 (as yours are) that you should be moving to start in the near future.

Indeed, current US treatment guidelines recommend treatment for most people living with HIV, independent of their CD4s.

There's no emergency to start immediately, and sometimes the time involved with getting a second CD4 also allows for greater time to sort out options and to learn about strategies to be adherent to the medications, but if you were my patient, I'd advise starting.

I hope that helps. BY

Acyclovir
Strictness in the same time of day taking complera.