Missed a dose after taking meds for two months due to meds not being ready for me. Is this bad for my treatment?

Missed a dose of my treatment today which is Trivada and issentes. I've been on this treatment for two months and today was going to start my third but meds got backed up because of the holidays. I've been taking them on time everyday with out missing and dose. Now I'm freaking out because of this one time I missed. Is this going to build a resistance to treatment? I should get my meds in tomorrow at 12 noon I usually take them at 1130 am every morning and one at 9 pm. Should I be worried because I am :( I've been doing everything the doctors told me to do now this error cuz of the holidays really set me back. Please would like some feed back

Hello and thanks for posting.

No need to freak out. Your goal is 95% adherence (and with modern regimens like yours, maybe even less). One missed doses in 2 months is equal to 1/60 or 98.3% adherence. There's no risk of resistance in this setting.

What is an important side note is if you run out of some of your medications to not take only 1 of your 2 (or 3) meds. Take this episode and look to see if there are things you can do to avoid the late prescription delivery (perhaps ordering your meds a week in advance can be of help).

So, relax. Be well, and happy new year. BY

Drug interactions
painful heel!