Stribild and Valcyclovir

I was recently put on Stribild for HIV, but I have been taking valcyclovir 1gm daily for years. Is it save to take both or do i even need to continue with the valcyclovir?

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's good to ask and check about possible drug-drug interactions between your medications (and supplements). A simple free tool to do this is from drugs.com.

Using this tool, there's note of a possible additive risk for kidney toxicity between Valtex and the tenofovir part of Stribild. If your kidney function is monitored (as is recommended for all patients receiving tenofovir) and is normal, there shouldn't be any problems.

Be sure to ask your doctor about how your kidney health is monitored- and the results of the testing.

I hope that helps. BY

Is it because of HIV infection
Vitamin supplement and Atripla