T4 cell response

I take Nevirapine as part of my combo. My viral load has been below detection for years while on this combo of drugs. I have never seen a large increase in my T4 cells. They have been around 400 for some years. Do people on Nevirapine see less of a T4 cell increase than other possible drug combo's. ? Thanks, Looking for 500T's

Hello 500T and thanks for posting.

Seems like you're doing well on your current medications- it's important to remember that some people have normal CD4 values and immune function when their CD4s are only above 350. If your's is at 400, take a look at your CD4 percentage. Is it above 35% ? If so, it's quite possible that you're already back in *your* normal range.

Are your white blood cell or lymphocyte levels in the normal range or not? If not, perhaps there's something else amiss.

As for other medications, there's no compelling reason to think that one regimen of HIV medications causes meaningfully different increases in CD4s.

I hope that helps and wish you a healthy new year. BY

How long we can alive in second line treatment
relationship and status disclosure