I want to quit my habit of sex with prostitutes

I have been having sex with prostitutes for two years. I know it's dangerous to do this but I can't control myself. When having sex with prostitutes I also enjoy oral sex. I have spent so much money and time on this and now I need to quit this habit. Please guide me.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. An inability to control one's behavior despite consequences (such as lost time and money) meets the criteria, in my mind, for addiction. There are some arguments among professionals about what to call it (sex addiction, hypersexual disorder, compulsive sexual behavior), but the bottom line is the same: emotionally painful, out-of-control behavior with real costs and real risks.

I would recommend seeing a professional who specializes in treating such behavior. You can look for one through the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists or International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals. Treatment. Treatment involves recognizing the problem and making the changes necessary to move past it. Unlike some other addictions like alcohol, where abstinence is necessary, one must learn how to incorporate healthy sexuality back into one's life without triggering the compulsive behavior. These patterns are deep and involve connections to feelings about which you may not, at first, be aware.

Here is a link about this behavior and some components for its treatment. It is important to get involved in a support group as well. Both Sex Addicts Anonymous and Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous are effective. Hopefully you can find a meeting nearby.

Good luck,

David

missing some pep doses due to vomiting
Atripla and excessive drinking of beer