Vomiting after taking medication.

Hi Drs, I've been taking Complera for 6 1/2 weeks, tolerated it very well and have been on time 100% with dosing. Last week I had a headache before my usual dose (with my evening meal) which became quite severe and caused vomiting everything about 1/2- 1hr after eating and taking the tablet. I am yet to find out results of Vl and Cd4 which were taken at 4 weeks on med. This is my first regimen. My Vl was around 25 000 and Cd4 <600 upon commencing treatment. I am a little concerned as i am very sure I vomited my med, and could almost consider it a missed dose. Should I have cause for concern? If this happens in the future would you suggest taking another tablet a few hours after the headache has settled, or wait until the next usual dose? I only get a couple of migraines a year, but always vomit severely. Thanks for your opinion!

Hi and thanks for posting.

Worry not. If you vomited more than 15-20 minutes after taking your medication, it's pretty unlikely that you vomited up the pill (unless [gross] you actually bothered to see the pill in the vomitus).

Even if you were to have thrown up the pill, your calculated adherence is 44/45 or almost 98%-- well in the acceptable range and without any concern about developing resistance.

In either case, I wouldn't recommend redosing of the medication.

I hope that helps, BY

Should I start medication or PEP?
Cd4 348 vL 51