shortness of breath

hi,i been having shortness of breath,sic 2001 little by little!i had 2 strokes back 2 back,from what they could not come to a answer!i've been on every breathing med,every chest,lung test,nothing!in 2009,i found out i had hiv,for the 1st time,done!im on meds for that,and im doing well,undectible,fine!i dont hurt,i dont have any pain in back or chest,fine!i have shortness of breath when i do any thing light or heavy!but when im just motionless or still,or resting im alright!my question is?is my condtion from hiv,or have it been all this time!And what breathing condtion could come from hiv!thank u!

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's not clear from what you've described what the cause of your symptoms is (are). Shortness of breath can result from a wide range of issues, ranging from lung, heart, muscular, neurological, allergy or psychiatric to name a few. To some extent, HIV could affect any of these systems.

Around these parts here in Colorado (a very pulmonary medicine-centered place), a next step might be a high-resolution CT scan of the chest. This test offers a detailed look at your lung anatomy (one that's not seen in the standard studies).

I hope that helps and wish you a healthier New Year, BY

cd4 348 and VL 51
switch med