Placebo and HIV meds

If someone is taking a new hyped medicine such as ibalizumab can their T cell count go up or the viral load go down b/c the person expects it to? I know expecting a med to work can't cure an illness but can the fact that a medicine is new and "cool" change your lab counts? Does the placebo effect work?

Hello and thanks for posting.

According to the NIH National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, the placebo effect is a beneficial health outcome resulting from a person's anticipation that an interventionpill, procedure, or injection, for examplewill help them. A clinician's style in interacting with patients also may bring about a positive response that is independent of any specific treatment.

For more information about placebo effect, I'd suggest reviewing their website.

Hope that's helpful, BY

Takeing my med a few hours late ?
cd4 348 and VL 51