4th time asking, running out of time

I am now 28 days into a 30 day PEP cycle consisting of 1 Truvada and 1 Efavirenz before bed. On day one I took 2 doses, only 7 hours apart. On day 15 I didn't take my dose till 6.30am, 33 hours after my previous dose. On day 24 I forgot to take my dose and took it first thing the next morning, 34 hours after my previous dose. Would any of these instances influence the success rate of the medication? If so is there still time to do anything.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello and thanks for posting.

I don't think that your dosing issues will affect the results of your PEP treatment. First, the 2 doses taken too closely together might only result in increased side effects, the two late doses are not optimal, but in reality only about 10 hours late.

There's nothing to do other than to complete the 28 days (or 1 month) of PEP and get your routine HIV testing at 1 and 3 months.

I hope that helps and wish you well in the New Year. BY

New meds after trizivir resistance
advice please