side effects of medication

I started medication last week and have been taking this daily at bed time. I am on Systiva and Truvada and i have been feeling very tired, anxious and have headaches towards the afternoon of each day. I am also on blood pressure medicines Amlodipine and Ramipril which i have had for a few years now. is it normal to feel tired and have headaches until the medication has settled in the system or should I report these symptoms to the doctor?

Hello and thanks for posting.

While it's not unusual to see some initial psychological side effects from efavirenz (Sustiva) in the first week of treatment, these symptoms generally lessen with time. Indeed, poor sleep quality could be the cause of your fatigue and headaches, but if they persist (especially past 2 weeks), I'd definitely speak to your doctor.

Know that HIV medications don't need to cause unpleasant side effects- if you are found to be intolerant of the current medications, there should be a number of well tolerated alternatives.

I hope that helps, BY

Albuterol and Efavirenz Drug Interaction
DECLINING WEIGHT LOSS AND DECREASING CD4 COUNT ON COMPLERA