MISSED DOSE

I was wondering how many doses you could miss and still be ok and not have to worry about virus mutation. I'm currently on the Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir combination and I have been pretty good about taking my meds every day (with the exception of a missed dose here and there), but recently I had to go an entire weekend without my meds because I had ran out and the pharmacy where I get my scripts filled was closed. Am I in any danger of having to change meds? I want to stay with one regimen as long as I can. I was able to go from a viral load of 459,000 to undetecatble in 6 weeks. I like the combo I'm on now bc i have absolutely no side effects.

Hi and thanks for posting.

If your viral load was undetectable, there's little risk of developing resistance or need to switch meds after a 2 day holiday.

Perhaps the only relevant issue is to use the situation as a teachable moment and try to troubleshoot the situation so that it doesn't happen too often (or at all).

Be well and happy holidays, BY

HIV seroconversion and co infection
condom riped not on tip but on mid side