window period

Dear Dr.

I am currently on Tenofovir, cipla lamivudine and efavirenz. I normally drink these at night. I want to know if i missed the time how long do i have as a window period before the virus start becoming resistance. For instance if i missed them with 12 hours of less or a one day will this cause resistence?

How long do i have before the medication is no longer in my system?

Looking forward to your resonse

Regards

Hello and thanks for posting.

It doesn't sound like you have anything to be concerned about. Treatment failure is very uncommon if you're taking your medications at or about 95% the doses. A single missed dose (or especially one late dose) isn't a problem.

With the medications you're taking, the meds stay in your system for quite a while, longer for the efavirenz (many days) than the tenofovir or lamivudine (about 1-2 days).

I hope that helps and wish you a happy and healthy new year. BY

Aspirin as disease preventative
Midas Study