|UTI and antibiotics
Dec 19, 2012
Hi doc, I was amazed at ur fast response since in a country like mine many docs guess and treat. You recommended Fluoroquinolone to treat UTI. I am currently on Ciprofloxacin. My symptoms are urgent need to urinate, no burning, no discharge, slight pain that last seconds. No relief 2 pills now. Do u think its a UTI? Is fluoro and cipro the same antibiotic? I am thinkin if I really have a UTI now. Pls advise.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for the follow up.
Yes, ciprofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic.
Your symptoms could be because of a UTI, and it sometimes takes several days for the symptoms to improve after starting appropriate treatment.
Hope that's helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.