Elevated liver enzymes
Dec 13, 2012
Elevated liver enzymes, what is that mean? I had a hepatitis panel, but I do not have hepatitis. It's means "liver cancer". I'm so worry.
Response from Dr. Young
Elevated liver enzymes (AST and ALT) indicates inflammation of the liver. Many things can do this, including infection, toxins or drugs (like alcohol or excess acetaminophen), gall bladder disease or malignancies.
I hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Myelin Sheath Thinning And Peripheral Neuropathy
- How Do I Know If I Am Hiv Positive?
- Statistics For Contracting Hiv First Time Having Sex With A Person
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- In Hiv If High Levels Of Protein Is Detected In The Urine Would I Have An Infection
- When Can Herpes Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.