Elevated liver enzymes
Dec 13, 2012
Elevated liver enzymes, what is that mean? I had a hepatitis panel, but I do not have hepatitis. It's means "liver cancer". I'm so worry.
Response from Dr. Young
Elevated liver enzymes (AST and ALT) indicates inflammation of the liver. Many things can do this, including infection, toxins or drugs (like alcohol or excess acetaminophen), gall bladder disease or malignancies.
I hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Until Std Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.