kissed on cheek with cut on lip

hi, Doctor my mother has hiv and i love her dearly but sadly i have concerns and questions about things i can and cant do with her so we were having a heart to heart one day and we got emotional and at the end of the conversation she kissed me on the cheek and told me she loves me i sometimes she has cuts on her lips from biting on them i dont know if she had any at the moment but should i be worried about contracting anything. also i touched her tear and ive hugged her while sweating can i catch things from this if i had any unknown cuts?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question and your desire to learn more about how to be supportive to your mother,

There is absolutely NO RISK from the situations you're describing. To be at risk, HIV positive body fluid needs to come out of someone's body and go immediately/directly inside of someone else's body. The only body fluids that can transmit HIV are blood, semen, vaginal fluids, and breast milk.

When we take all that together, there's no chance for you to have gotten HIV! Saliva doesn't transmit HIV and healthy skin doesn't absorb HIV.

Hope this helps!

Erik

medication switch
Thanks ... M Xmas