Eviplera

Hi,I have stopped Atripla even though Ive been on it for a year. The last few months I thought I was going mad in the head. I felt self-detached,a walking zombie so to speak and was convinced I had a brain tumour. I went onto just Truvada for a week while I made up my mind to try Eviplera. I took my first pill last night after dinner and felt aprehension all night in case I had a reaction to the rilpiverine component. The most alarming effect was sharp stabbing pains on the right side of my head. Has anyone else experienced this effect and will it go away. I wish I could stay on Truvada only,I tolerate it well. Im really chicken when it comes to taking pills I worry myself so much and hope you can put my mind at ease about Eviplera as I dont know anyone who is on it or heard feedback. Thanks for your time. Cathy

Hi Cathy and thanks for posting.

While headache as a significant common side effect of rilpivirine, 3% of individuals who took the medication in phase 3 clinical trials reported headache (similar to the rate observed in people taking efavirenz).

For more information about rilpivirine side effects, I'd suggest looking at AIDS Info's page.

In any event, if the symptom persists, you can expect a better side effect profile from your meds, and should discuss with your care provider.

Be well, BY

Ur support
Injured lip while kissing. Risk?