Ur support

Dear dr. I am confuse about my results as below Cd4 - 1090 Cd4% 27.9 This I where I am confused PVL 100 but on the bottom it says ( The Amplicor HIV-1 Monitor Test 1.5 assay has a lower detection limit of 400 copies/ml) does this mean that my viral load is undetectable. And I am even more confused wen it says my HIV report is negative. I am actually confused about my PVL report. What does that 100 mean when lowest detection point is 400. Am I infected. Or does that 100 is undetectable.

Hi and thanks for posting.

If I understand your report, your HIV plasma viral load report is 100 copies/mL. This is below the level of quantitation of the test (limit 400 copies/mL), but curiously reported.

Normally, this would be reported as "below limit of quantitation", but "detected".

HIV RNA tests should not be used to determine if your HIV infected or not. Indeed, it's precisely this type of below limit of quantitation circumstance that points out the liability of using the test to determine HIV status.

A HIV antibody test is really the only way to know your status- if your antibody test is negative (and it's been more than 3 months since your last possible exposure), then you're negative.

BY

have you heard about kennel cough?
Eviplera