have you heard about kennel cough?

Hi Dr. Young reason i am writing to you is because my son called me and told me that a neighbor of him told him that my son's dog might have what is called Kennel Cough I looked in the internet and says that humans with weak inmune system can get it from the dog, my son last lab on october 25 had tc4 count of 640 with a 40%,his viral load is undetectable he got a cold about 2 days ago that still have, but not fever, so as allways comes my worries,should I be concerned?today is friday and probably he can not get the dog to the vet until next monday,or maybe he is not as worry as me, what do you think,I allways like to share my concerns with you and you allways have been so kind to answer me back,I searched this site about kennel cough but nothing came on. Thanks in advance for your great work with this community.

Hi and thanks for your kind words.

It's not entirely clear if kennel cough results in significant problems in people, though your right in pointing out that some authorities speak to possible risk in people who are immune suppressed.

Fortunately, it appears that your son's immune system is healthy, so that I wouldn't think that his risk is significant.

At the most, if he should become ill, be sure that he let's his care provider know about the possible exposure.

I hope that helps, BY

Switched from Atripla to Complera?
Ur support