Switched from Atripla to Complera?

Hi doctors Young or McGowan, I would like some clarification. I took Atripla as my first HIV treatment when I started meds, and stayed on it for two years, and did quite well, other than some problems falling asleep that began. My doctor felt that it could be related to the Sustiva in Atripla, so decided to try me on Complera, which is very similar to Atripla, minus the sustiva. I have heard that Complera is only approved for people starting HIV treatment though. But my doctor started me on it after being on Atripla for two years, is this ok? I am undetectable and have been for a long time. Also do you think the Complera will help my sleep issues, and is there any risk of wasting or weight loss with Complera? Thanks!

Hello and thanks for posting.

While formally approved only for initiation of treatment, there's no real reason why you couldn't switch to Complera from an otherwise successful Atripla regimen.

The switch should improve your sleep- provided that it was the efavirenz that was the culprit.

I hope that's helpful, BY

2 to 3 drinks OK on ART?
have you heard about kennel cough?