2 to 3 drinks OK on ART?

Hi Expert Dr's! I started Complera 5 weeks ago and my kidney, liver and other functions are ok- good. A couple of nights ago I had 3 standard drinks...(beer). It was a few hours after my meal with Med. In a few days I am going for my first Cd4, VL count. This is the only time I have drunk alcohol in the time I have started Complera. Is this a bad decision on my part?..Is it ok to "have a couple" ( when i say that I MEAN 2-3, not 10!) once in a while (1-2 times a month)? I am fairly shy but find a couple of beers a great 'social lubricant'...With this my Q: I am not 'pushing it' too much am I? Enjoy Christmas from all us Aussies! Thanks for all of your help this year Dr's!

Hello and thanks for posting from 'Oz.

It's ok to have an occasional alcohol drink with your HIV medications- my only reservation is if you have pre-existing liver disease (or hepatitis virus infection), or if the drinking might interfere with your ability to adhere to the medication dosing and dietary requirements of your regimen.

I hope that helps, BY

atripla failure
Switched from Atripla to Complera?