My Brother is feeling really ill

My big Brother was diagnosed with Hiv for about 10 years now he currently lives in Trinidad and taboago. He has been getting seizures, recently and now he is hospitalized with symptoms of feeling very weak hardly being able to eat and he is using the bathroom on himself.. Is there a medicine that we can get for him he is taking medications now but i am afraid that he isn't getting the treatment he needs because he is in and foreign country. Is there and treatment plan that he should get on like antiretroviral therapy and i need info as soon as possible.. He also smokes weed can that be whats effecting him? Any info will help what questions should we be asking his physician, because we want him to get the best care possible. Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about your brother's health. There are too many needed details before I can adequately answer your questions.

For example, what is his CD4 cell count? Is he on HIV medications? Has there been other medical complications or new medications? Has he had a brain scan? What do these results show?

Marijuana is not a likely source of seizures, but it's generally good in these circumstances to minimize any unneeded medications, supplements or drugs to help sort out the cause.

Seems like these might be a good set of questions to ask his care team, but please feel free to post back on this forum with any additional questions.

BY

supplements and medication
Trauma