HIV and stillbrith

i was dignose with hiv in 2004 and i started the the medicine in 2009 wwhen i was preganant, but i had a stillbrith and i have had four still, can hiv or the medicine be the cause of my stillbrith. Now i am on neveriphine Ricivir -LN, but want ot be pregnant but can get pregnant is the medicine the cause of my fertility impairment. sorry for the worry spellings

Response from Dr. McGowan

HIV can be a cause of loss of a pregnancy. If you are on meds now (and I am sorry I am not sure what racivir-LN is...could it be Trizivir?) and you HIV viral load is undetectable, that can help. There has been no specific link between any of the meds used to treat HIV and miscarriage. There are many causes of pregnancy loss...have you discussed it with your obstetrician? Loss of pregnacy early versus late can have different causes. If the miscarriage has been late in the course it may help to observe bedrest near term, unless there is a genetic cause. Your obstetrician should be able to guide you on what the best approach should be.

Best, Joe

Swollen glands
Ibuprofen with Stribild?