cauterization surgery

Dear dr thank u for takibg ur time. my question is. yesturday i had a cauterization surgery to burn off warts n i feel a lil pain. whatz next after surgery. is it chemotherapy. is my dr doing a great job preventing anal cancer

Hello and thanks for posting.

The specifics of an answer to your question depends on why you had the treatment. If the treatment was for warts, then the only thing that would be done is repeat examination (I'd recommend getting an anal Pap smear) in 6-12 months.

Increasingly, anal Pap smears are recommended for screening for anal cancer or pre-cancerous lesions. If your smear is abnormal, follow up high resolution examination (anoscopy) and further treatment is usually done.

I'd recommend asking your care provider about what they recommend for follow up.

I hope that helps, BY

rifapentine clinical study
stribild and caduet