life expectancy with hiv

I was infected with HIV in 1984/85...diagnosed in 1986 and started ART in 1999 when cd4 count under 50 with no bouts of the usual infections. Am now carrying a CD4 count btwn 400 and 600 and viral load undetected. Am currently 67 with family history of longevity btwn 70 father and 100 grandmother...with many others in btwn. am currently on generic A tripla.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Looks like you're doing excellently and have survived AIDS and now have a normal CD4 cell count.

While it's perilous to try to be specific, your already (essentially) survived as long as your father- if your health is currently good, I'd expect you to live for a long time. What's important now is to continue to work on all of those preventive medical things, like prevention of cardiovascular, kidney, bone and other illnesses, get your routine flu vaccinations, and so on. I recommend to all of my patients that the get routine exercise- it's good for the body and the mind.

I hope that helps and wish you good health for many more years. BY

Crestor with Stribild?
atripla question