Crestor with Stribild?

I just switched to Stribild and am also prescribed Crestor for Cholesteral. I read that there is an interaction between these drugs that increases the level of Crestor in the system. Is it safe to take these two drugs together?

Hello and thanks for posting.

There are interactions between the statins and certain HIV medications, including Stribild. In general, the Crestor interaction is mild, so that if one uses a lower dose and monitor closely for side effects like muscle tenderness, it's usually ok.

Make sure that your doctors and pharmacists know about all of the medications that you're taking.

Hope that helps, BY

Hypersalivation and loss of appetite while on ARVs and TB meds
life expectancy with hiv