doubt hiv exposures

hi doctor i want to know why in laboratory setting an exposure to a small quantities of concentrated virus to intact skin is consider a risk but in hospital setting or housesettings exposures to small amounts of infectious fluids to intact skin its not consider a risk at all. my doubt its that because i read a bounch of articles in the cdc mmwr and one conclude these "One worker's infection was presumed to be caused by "undetected skin contact with virus culture supernatant" why in lab is considered and in house or hospital settings not. Weiss SH, Goedert JJ, Gartner S, et al. Risk of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) infection among laboratory workers. Science 1988;239:68-71.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00001763.htm

Hi and thanks for posting.

I'm not sure exactly what your question is; exposure of infected body fluids to intact skin is not considered a risky exposure.

Perhaps you shouldn't use a 24 year old document as the most up-to-date. Here's the 2011 CDC review of HIV transmission in the occupational setting.

BY

medication
Really having a rough time with my new meds