Visconti Cohort Study

I was recently diagnosed and by the fourth week after exposure put on Truvada and Isentress (morning and evening doses, or 2 of each per day). Is my treatment similar to the Visconti Cohort Study and or any possibility for a funcional cure in my case?

Hello and thanks for posting.

In short, yes.

The French VISCONTI study explored the effects of very early initiation of treatment in a small number of people, suggesting that about 5-15% of people who do this were more likely to able to control HIV after treatment interruption (much more frequent than the population of people who start later).

In addition, there seems to be less immune system damage among early starters.

Be well, BY

Drug Interaction
TB / AIDS diagnosis