Open heart surgery

I had a major heart attack/ stroke in Jan 2012 due to complications from AzT (initially sent for blood transfusion). I ve been to cardiologist for catheretization/angioplasty with no action taken (too clogged and body already connected arteries). Was referred to surgeon for quadruple bypass. He declined citing high risk and minimal benefit for either bypass or correction of my enlarged heart. His reason was contraindications to my current meds with the drugs necessary during and after surgery. I am on isentress, norvir, reyataz and emtriva and the virus well controlled with zero detection. Im also not experiencing any angina or shortness of breath. I do have typically low blood pressure 120/90 on my left side and less on my right. The cardiologist disagrees with the surgeon and says that i should have the procedure(s) done. He says either lower doses or no drugs (ace inhibitors and bta blockers) at all perhaps would be needed . What do you think?

Hello and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your heart problems.

I'm with your cardiologist. Niether HIV nor HIV medications is a reason not to have important heart surgery. Sounds like it might be time for a second opinion.

Be well, BY

liver enzymes high
time it takes for Dr. to decide change cocktail