Sinusitis Drug Interaction with Atripla??? Please advise

Hello, I was diagnosed with HIV on 2009. Strated Atripla soon after. Currently my VL is Undetectable, my cd4 is 490 and my cd4% is 40%.

I was diagnosed with sinusitis on tuesday and prescribed Levofloxacine 750mg for 7 days, Pseudoepehdrine for 7 days and Fluticason Nasal spray for 7 days.

Is it ok to take all of these with Atripla?

I read Levofloxacine causes tendonitis, I am at risk? (I'm 32.y.o, not exercise much and have always had good Livey Kidney blood test results).

Thanx a lot!

Response from Dr. McGowan

HI,

Sorry to hear about the sinusitis.

It is safe to use levofloxacin with Atripla. The risk of tendonitis is very low and use for a short course in an adult is fine.

Use of pseudoephedrine can elevate the blood pressure, so if you have high blood pressure it would be best to avoid it and use a nasal spray decongestant if needed.

Fluticasone is also safe with Atripla, it has interactions with some other HIV meds (protease inhibitors) but not with your combo.

Hope you feel better soon.

Joe

2nd RE: HIV treating expert in South east asia.
thinking about starting medication