COnfused over Positive results

I was recently diagnosed with HIV. The three past partners are all negative, and I have seen the paperwork to back them up. I was tested last August and was also negative. And it has been the same people I have had sexual relations with. Before they ran the quick test and then the western blot test I had a massive injection of antibiotics for Chlamydia. Is it possible that the antibiotics produced a false positive result? And should I get retested?

Sorry to hear about your recent positive diagnosis (including western blot test). Antibiotics don't usually affect the results, indeed, the positive WB is considered definitive.

I don't think that the ELISA or WB needs to be retested, but rather you should identify an experienced HIV care provider who can do all of the necessary additional assessments.

Be well, and stay in touch, BY

HIV treating expert in South east asia.
RE: HIV treating expert in South east asia.