|Hepatitis A IGg is Reactive
Nov 6, 2012
I went through a Hepatitis A test and result showed it was reactive. What does it mean? Does it mean i'm currently a Hepatitis A patient or carrier?
| Response from Dr. Young
A positive HAV IgG test simply means that your immune system has "seen" hepatitis A. Alone, the test doesn't indicate if you were previously exposed or vaccinated or if you currently have hepatitis A (though nearly all people who have active hep A are ill).
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- How To Spot An Std?
- Can Having Genital Herpes Affect Hiv Antibody Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.