Acidentally took double the dosage of viramune
Nov 3, 2012
I am suppossed to take one 200 mg viramune twice a day, and the second dosage of the day i accidentakly took two pills equaling 400 mg, is it going to hurt me? Is it ok?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
There's no problem in taking 400 mg of nevirapine- indeed, the medication is actually approved for this dosing (once daily).
I'd just skip your next dose and continue with your regular twice daily dosing.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Precum Touching Vagina And HIV Transmission Risk
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Condom Broke
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Is Fever A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of AIDS?
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.