For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

dear sir, as positive TPHA 1:5120 , i haven't sypmtoms and infection. i have treated of doxycycline antibiotics. i want to ask please tell me for further treatment if require or not. beacuse antibiotics may effect on kidney. i want my tpha negative is it possible ??

A high TPHA test is indicative of recent or actue syphilis infection. The preferred treatment for syphilis is penicillin, but in people with penicillin allergy, other antibiotics, such as doxycycline may be used (twice daily for 14 days). Doxycycline is not associated with kidney injury.

The only way to know if additional treatment is needed is by follow up clinical and laboratory testing.

The TPHA test remains positive for life; though the titers should decrease.

My status n reports
Acidentally took double the dosage of viramune