VIRAL LOAD undetectable and CD4 COUNTup and down

Hello doctor, i am a bit confused on my last lab tests. I started treatment 10 months ago and my viral load has come down from 50,000 to undetectable, however my cd4 count has been 142 then it went up to 240 and then theyve gone down again to 194. What dose this mean? I thought that if my viral load went undetectable my cd4s would rise automatically, but curiously that is not the case. When my VL finnaly got undetectable my cd4s went down instead of up, isnt this strange? What is my inmune system situation telling me? if you can be so kind as to explain this to me if possible please. Thank you very much. (I know the variations is not great but i would like to know anyway).

Hello and thanks for posting.

Worry not. Your CD4 count naturally moves up and down a lot. Knowing that your viral load is undetectable is the most important test result. A chance from 240 to 194 isn't really significant; I'd advise you to look also at the CD4 percentage (write back if there are any questions about this), but I'd wager that the percentage is either stable or increasing. If this is the case, then this is indicative of further immune system healing.

I hope that helps, BY

A Better Statin?
Am I on second line drugs? If so what are they?