missed doses of meds

I've missed two days worth of doses of Complera. Should I be concerned about possible resistance? I left today's dose at home.

Hello and thanks for posting.

If you've missed two days of your medications, I'd simply resume your medications as soon as possible.

What's important is to troubleshoot why you missed the doses, and try to improve the situation. If it's because you've left your medications at home, try taking a pill box with you with an extra dose. Alternatively, take your medications (more or less) at the same time at home. (Remembering, that Complera should be taken with a meal.)

As for resistance, if your viral load is already suppressed and you've not missed other doses recently, I'd think that the overall risk is low. One of the weak points of Complera is that if you should develop drug resistance, there's a greater risk of developing multi-drug resistant HIV. For this reason, I'd really work to analyze your adherence and the possible means to improve it.

I hope that helps, BY

Weightloss Management
Re: HIV drug availability and mailing to Indonesia - further details *Reader comments welcomed*