Was Happy...but not anymore :(

Dr. McGowan,

Thank you for all your answers. You are really making me feel a lot better. The only thing that is scaring me now is "human error" with the test. Which I have been explained that if the test was not done correctly then there would not have been a "C" line so that gives me some comfort. So...based on the information that I have given you and the fact that I have not had any other recent possible exposures ; would you recommend re-testing or is my test results as conclusive as it gets. Also, what is the probability that this test missed any antibodies if they were present given the fact that this possible was eight years ago. Oh, also would "elite controllers or slow/non progressors" also test positive on an oral antibody test? I know that I am probably getting on your last nerve but I am just trying to understand. Thank you and I won't bother you anymore....I promise :)

Response from Dr. McGowan

There is no reason to retest since your esposure was so long ago and the test appears to have been appropriately run.

Best, Joe

prescreening employment test including HBsAb
Complera with meal?