prescreening employment test including HBsAb

A year ago My HBsAg test was nonreactive, HBsAb was borderline postitive, HbcAb was reactive, I was told I might have had acute Hep B infection but was cured since HBsAg was nonreactive.HBV DNA was also undetectable. I also received HBV vaccination afterwards with two shots after I got my Hep B tests. Today My blood was drwan as a part of prescreening employment for HBsAb. If test comes out positive. Are they going to test me for HBsAg and HBcAb to see If I am postive for HBV infection? ABcAb remains positive for lifelong. If they test me for HBcAb and it comes out positive since it was reactive last year with nonreactive HBsAg. Will I be excluded from the job based on my previous positive HBcAb testing, even If I have cleared it out? pls answer my query, I am really very upset. I have been working in a medical field and would have gotton acute HBV some years ago from patinet through prick which was revealed to me last year , which my body has cleared out. So If i had borderline HBsAb, nnreactve HBsAg and reactive HBcAb. Will I be excluded from this job If my HBsAb and HBcAb come out postive and HbaAg is negative. In other words, can someone be excluded from job due to one's past acute HBV If HbcAb are postitive because they will remain positive for the rest of one's life. pls answer it asap. Or will I be tested further for HBV infection after getting positive HBsAb results. the prescreening employement paper says getting tested for mumps, rubella, a few othertests and HBsAb. It did not include HBsAg or HBcAb. But can I be tested furhter once they find out positive HBsAb. I also got vaccinated against HBV last year after getting tested for HBV infection when I had borderline HBsAB, nonreactive HBsAg and reactive HBcAb.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Having a positive antibody for hepatitis B is not a reason to be excluded from a medical job, in fact it is preferred because it means you cannot get reinfected if exposed and would offer to risk of transmitting hep B to any patient in your care. It doesn't matter if you had past hep B infection (as in your case) or developed antibody after being vaccinated, it is all the same.

Best, Joe

HIV transmission through touching buttocks of masseuse
Was Happy...but not anymore :(