RE : Rapidly Progresses to AIDS *Readers: please share your words of encouragement*

Hi - I was diagnosed this past July after my dentist found Kaposi Sarcoma lesions on my palate. Shock is not a strong enough word to express my feelings at the time. Not only was I HIV positive, but due to the Kaposi Sarcoma, I am classified as an AIDS patient. My last HIV test was in November 2008, and was negative. I know I was lax about testing since 2008, but could hardly believe that I could go from infection to AIDS classification in just 3 years. The good news is that I was immediately started on HAART (Truvada & Isentress) and within 2 months my viral load went from 316,000 to undetectable and my CD4 count has begun to climb from a low of 108. I'm being treated for the KS and everything is going extremely well, no side effects and I feel healthy and well. As a 50 year old gay man, I well remember the early 1980's and how many people I knew who did not survive. The amazing advances in treatment in the last decades have made it possible for my prognosis to be excellent, and yours will be as well. Stay upbeat, smile, have fun, treat yourself well, and live your life fully. Surround yourself with caring friends, and stay active. I wish you well - big hugs! Andrew

Thanks again for sharing your experiences Andrew.

These personal experiences are of incredible value to our many readers.

Be well, BY

About a Cohort study
confused with time regimen