FROM SIX MEDS TO ONE PILL?

Dear Doc, Thanks for all your support you give us out here!I am 60 and 25years under different treatments.The last(since 3 years)are Prezista/Tenofovir/Intelence/Norvir/Isentress/Kivexa wtih 450 CD4 and VL undetectable.I heard of EVIPLERA (one pill a day)do you think that this could be a option for me or may it not be "enough" to get me going with approx.the same results of my bloodwork?Wud very much appreciate your input as my Doc is pretty against new meds as the one I have is working.Thanking you so much for your interest.FYI the only side effest I have is neuropathy (feet) since 10 years back. Thanks again.My best regards Erik

Hi Erik and thanks for posting.

The regimen that you're currently taking suggests to me that you might have a drug resistant strain of HIV. If this is the case, simplification to the Eviplera regimen probably won't work well.

One way to check if your virus is sensitive to the medications in Eviplera (we call it Complera here in the US) is to find your HIV resistance test results and impute them into the Stanford University HIVDB program. This will tell you if the virus is sensitive to the three medications of interest (tenofovir, emtricitabine and rilpivirine).

I hope that helps, BY

efavirenz and other CNS penetrating drugs
can i drink beer