Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE : Rapidly Progresses to AIDS *Readers: please share your words of encouragement*
Oct 25, 2012

RE : Rapidly Progresses to AIDS *Readers: please share your words of encouragement*

When I was diagnosed my cd4 was in the high 800's and my viral load was in the 1,000,000 's. ( 3 years ago )

I initially did not have to go on meds, yet after a follow up 3 months later my cd4 dropped to 327 and viral load almost doubled. Now, I can tell you that was scary news. Very. Tears followed! But I had a great doctor who explained to me, that with medication now, and adherence, looking after myself, food and fitness, rest and relaxation I would live a happy and healthy long life.

I have had a few complications with my meds, that have now subsided, and my cd4 is back up in the 600's and my Viral load is undetectable.

Is not easy, yet a good support of people around you, a good doctor, and friends help you stay strong. As Dr Young has said, your increase in cd4 and others will increase with adherence and good advice and help and support from you health care provider. This forum and website is invaluable, recourse, try and read as many times a week. Your learn bundles!

Adherence is some times the hard one. Get a pill box online from amazon or a online store, and set your alarm clocks ( I set 2 min before time, on the hour and 2 min after the hour = each 2 mins apart just to make sure I remember. ( day and night depending on what your doctor advises you ) i have learnt always to have in your back pack or case to have a spare day or two sets of meds, as you never know when a meeting will run over time, the bus or train timetable changes or you just end up out and about with friends and the time comes to take them! Spare set solves this!

Keep smiling.

Andrew (Thailand)

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks Andrew!

Previous
Extremely high viral load count
Next
efavirenz and other CNS penetrating drugs

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.