Extremely high viral load count

I tested hiv positive in june 2012. I thought I had the flu. My doctor that I was positive because I had a rash. Had blood work done and I was scared to death of my numbers. I had a viral load count of 36,100,000 and a cd4 count of 540. Was my virual load count ot of the normal? Have you ever heard of a count that high. I have checked the internet and can't find an answer.

Hi and thanks for posting.

Yes, that's a very high viral load. Not commonly seen among persons who have chronic HIV infection, but it's less odd to see very high viral loads in persons who have very recent HIV infection (acute infection or primary HIV infection-PHI).

BY

KS and Atripla Dosage
RE : Rapidly Progresses to AIDS *Readers: please share your words of encouragement*